printing out an invoice as a label via Iphone app

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Hi there,

I am having a task to find out how to print out an invoice as a label by IMZ 320 mobile printer with using our custom iphone app. Basically, the iphone app brings up an invoice which is created by the web server and shows it on the browser as a html page. Is it right to say that the web server should be transferring the invoice as a string formatted to the iphone app and the app passes straight to the printer which has to be the ZPL language ?
I appreciate your time and the ideas
thank you a lot
Coordinator
May 5, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Sharpzebra is a .net library, assuming your web server is IIS you should be able to do it this way.

I've even had the web server send the print commands to networked zebra printers directly, that is an option also.
May 6, 2014 at 3:19 AM
does it mean that your zebra printer was in the same network with your web server or you are mentioning over the internet?
thank you
btw, yes my environment is Microsoft technologies
Coordinator
May 6, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Well the difference is only the network configuration. The setup I was using was with an internal network. The iphone could tell the server which label to print (and which printer to send it to), the server could then use the library to generate a label and send it to the printer directly.
May 7, 2014 at 1:35 AM
I appreciated your time and responds, however , my case is completely different as my mobile staff is out of the building and carrying the mobile printer with him and runs a custom application on the mobile which generates an invoice. The app communicates thru the web server to transmit all the data, and receive the invoice based on html page and brings up on a browser. So in this moment, our mobile staff needs to be able to print the invoice out (once again based on the zebra layout).
i guess, this case cannot be handled by the iphone app, so the generated layout should be coming from the server to the iphone app in order to transmit thru the printer, sounds right?
thank you
Coordinator
May 7, 2014 at 1:59 PM
That should work fine also, you may want to implement a custom IZebraPrinter class so you can forward the output to your iphone rather than send it to a printer.