Enhanced version uploaded as a patch

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Edited Oct 9, 2009 at 1:25 PM

So this project was a great start, but I needed custom fonts and ZPL support for my ZM400+ 300 DPI printers.    There was also an issue that v0.90 was not using character sets properly, which took me forever to figure out - this was making images (and my custom fonts) corrupt when uploading them to the printer. 

As the title says I've uploaded this revision as a patch to the original project (go to source code/patches).  It's still miles away from being a perfect solution for everything Zebra, but I think it'll help people needing the additional functionality. 

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Thank you for your patch. I hadn't intended this library to support ZPL (as I do not have a printer to test this against).

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:08 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Thanks guys.

I can confirm that the ZPL commands are functional.  It worked for me with the SpoolPrinter. 

This also helped not to set the printer properties:

public static byte[] ClearPrinter()
        {
            return Encoding.GetEncoding(850).GetBytes(string.Format("^XA"));
        }  

Also, I was able to use the NetworkPrinter @9100 only after adding "\r\n" before "^XA".

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Hi,

Where can I find the updated version that supports ZPL driver?

regards

Danny

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Hi DannyLintzgy,

You can find it by going to the Source Code tab at the top of this page, then selecting the Patches link right below the navigation bar.

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Hi Rkone,

Thanks for this.

Unfortunately, to my frustration. The patch is compiled in VS2008 and I cannot compile it for V2005 because I think it uses .NET 3 in places.

Is there a compiled version of the patch DLL avaliable?

regards

Danny

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2010 at 1:56 PM

You'd be better off doing it yourself using Visual Studio Express.  I wouldn't say for certain the code will do everything you need.