uppercase not working while using ZPLcommands

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Hi,
The letters are jumping when I am using uppercase,numbers,special characters through Com.SharpZebra dll.
Example code line:
page.AddRange(ZPLCommands.TextWrite(30, 30, ElementDrawRotation.NO_ROTATION, ZebraFont.STANDARD_SMALL , 0,0, "welcome"));
If I am going to use WELCOME instead of welcome,that word will be jumping while printing label.I am using ZDesigner GK420d printer.Special characters like ( : , -) ,numbers also not working.Do we need to use any culture info or unicode?Please help us to move further with sharpzebra dll.

Thanks,
Sella
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2015 at 3:53 PM
That is very strange Sella. I assume by jumping you mean the alignment is different for the characters?

You may be correct about the culture info: Sharpzebra uses codepage 850 by default. It assumes your printer is set similarly. It's honestly been a while since I've looked at the code, but I do remember allowing to specify a different code page, although changing the printer codepage must be done manually. I'm not sure but you may be able to do it through the printer's web interface.
May 12, 2015 at 11:07 AM
HI , Now I got solution for this.

thanks for your valuable time.

Sella.
Aug 19, 2015 at 2:03 AM
I am having a similar issue.

page.AddRange(ZPLCommands.TextWrite(100, 300, ElementDrawRotation.NO_ROTATION, ZebraFont.STANDARD_NORMAL, 15, 10, "Hello World", 850));

The H and W print as i and <. I am printing a ZP450 printer.

Uppercase letters will not print properly. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2015 at 10:15 PM
Again, I would ensure your ZP450 is set to codepage 850 to start.. Is it only uppercase or is punctuation incorrect also?
Aug 21, 2015 at 11:25 PM
I switched to using custom fonts vs. the standard font and works as expected. Yes, I was using code page 850. Thanks for the reply.