ZP 500 Plus and Images

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I am trying to have a ZP 500 Plus printer print out an image I send at a certain location. I am sending the following and all I am getting is the text, no image:

var printer = new ZebraPrinter(LabelPrint.Properties.Settings.Default.PrinterName);
        ZebraCommands commands = new ZebraCommands();

commands.Add(new Com.SharpZebra.Commands.GraphicZebraCommand(@"Pictures\test1.pcx", 1, 0));
        commands.Add(ZebraCommands.TextCommand(20, 20, ElementRotation.NO_ROTATION, StandardZebraFont.NORMAL, 1, 0, false, "MM/YY:"));

printer.Print(commands);
If I go to the printer tools I can see the image is on the flash drive on the printer but how do I get the printer to print the image.

Thanks.
Apr 16, 2013 at 1:42 AM
OK - so I found the patch and I compiled the source and have the new dll.

I am sending the following to the printer and it just kicks out a blank label.

List<byte> res = new List<byte>();

res.AddRange(ZPLCommands.ClearPrinter(zebraPrinterSettings));
res.AddRange(ZPLCommands.TextWrite(3, 3, Com.SharpZebra.ElementDrawRotation.NO_ROTATION, Com.SharpZebra.ZebraFont.STANDARD_NORMAL, 10, 30, "Hello"));
res.AddRange(ZPLCommands.PrintBuffer(1));
myPrinter.Print(res.ToArray());

I have tried all Settings.Darkness setting from 20-30 and nothing will print. I can print from notepad with no issue.
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Your code looks pretty good.. My best guess is your zebraPrinterSettings aren't quite correct. Zebra Printers are pretty picky, if you don't plug in the correct width and height you may not get anything to print.
Here's what I have for my 4x3" label:
IZebraPrinter p = new NetworkPrinter(new PrinterSettings
                                                             {
                                                                 AlignLeft = 0,
                                                                 AlignTearOff = 0,
                                                                 AlignTop = 0,
                                                                 Darkness = 15,
                                                                 Length = 609,
                                                                 PrinterName = "192.168.2.33",
                                                                 PrinterPort = 9100,
                                                                 PrinterType = 'N',
                                                                 PrintSpeed = 5,
                                                                 Width = 812
                                                             });
res.AddRange(ZPLCommands.ClearPrinter(p.Settings));
res.AddRange(ZPLCommands.TextWrite(30, 110, ElementDrawRotation.NO_ROTATION, ZebraFont.STANDARD_NORMAL, 50, 50, "Hello"))
res.AddRange(ZPLCommands.PrintBuffer(1));
p.Print(res.ToArray());
Apr 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM
That was it, thanks.